Battling with Gods will

I’ve been battling with God’s will between two completely different options. I desire to do Gods will and to serve Him… I just don’t want to make the wrong choice and have my whole life be affected negatively by it…

12 Likes

It seems like a fairly simple question. Search the Bible and see which choice lines up more with God’s Word.

9 Likes

True, but thing aren’t always that simple. I went thru a difficult circumstance a while ago where I realized there were two options and neither was really wrong, it was just a personal choice I had to make. I struggled in prayer with God for a long time over that one.
@jriver Praying that God gives you peace and certainty, whichever option you choose. Just…know God’s on your side. He’s not waiting for you to fail. I think if you make the choice that seems best to you and put it in His hands, with prayer, then He will honor that.

9 Likes

I’d just be careful of…right answers.
Right answers are almost never right. And the “voice of God” in your heart could just as easily tell you to kick a cat if you were in the right mood. I wouldn’t settle for “convictions” either, because those are fake.

Ultimately, I can’t describe a Godly experience for you, because in a way, everyone knows it a little differently. So in the end, don’t be “sure”, just be seized. A path will show itself eventually, and you may not even have a choice on whether or not to take it.

6 Likes

Read the book of Jonah again.
What appears to “work out” and "doors opening ", is not God’s will in his case.
Jonah was heading away from God, and found a boat going in that direction.
He had the fare in his pocket. He didn’t have to borrow or come back later.
Things were seemingly working out for Jonah to go the direction that opened up to him.
Everything went smooth for him, with no obstacles
But…There was a whale waiting for him.
Prepared by God
Prepared for Jonah

Read Numbers 22.
Balaam is going in the direction of his choosing.
God appears to the donkey he is riding on, and presents obstacles and road blocks. Baalim does not recognize it to be God desiring him to stop and turn back.
Balaam overcomes and pushes through every delay, every obstacle, every set back or monkey wrench…and thinks he has God’s blessings.
Finally God stops him abruptly.

God’s will is not esoteric, nor a mystery that His children are In search of while overwhelmed.

Isaiah 30, should be studied as well.
Here is a little from that great Book

Vs 15 "For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

16 But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses; therefore shall ye flee: and, We will ride upon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you be swift.

17 One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five shall ye flee: till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an ensign on an hill.

18 And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.

20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:

21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

Read and re read the book of Jonah, Numbers 22, and Isaiah 30.

God is showing you … careful taking council from ones who do not know the doctrine you know to be true. Be careful with advice and council from ones who do not walk with The Lord.

Ones who discount and belittle the word of God should be avoided.

Isaiah 34:16, “Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.”

11 Likes

thank you so much for your advice :pray::pray:

6 Likes

While I would agree with @Bibleman1611’s advice, my thought is that the title of this thread says it all. If you are battling with God’s will, you’re gonna lose. I think it’s likely that neither of the options you’re considering is God’s will, if you’re agonizing over the choice.

The big problem here is not either of the options you’re choosing - the problem is that you’re scared of what God will do to you as a result of the options.

If you know the Lord and have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, God isn’t going to hurt you, abandon you or “negatively affect your entire life”. He’s going to come alongside you and take care of you, regardless of what you decide.

Unless you’re deciding to do something evil that’s against Scripture, or are confused as to whether or not it is, there’s not really much need to worry about God in decision making, because he will always intervene to accomplish his will and plan. But these interventions are always for your good, so there isn’t a need to be concerned.

5 Likes

One thing to be sure of is this, God’s Word is a light unto a saved person’s path. It will guide us in all truth. It will illuminate the way. God is not the author of confusion.
Also, be sure not to follow a lot of very intelligent people on YouTube. There is a trend among young people to gravitate towards appealing philosophy. I suppose it has always been this way. But currently with social media it is much easier to access. So beware of agnostics and freethinkers who would question the very existence of God. Jordan Peterson is a big one. I don’t question his right to do so, or his intelligence, no doubt he is a genius. Simply man’s knowledge, which is mere foolishness in the face God. God’s will can be known and must be followed.

10 Likes