Christward Cafe

I look up as the small bell dings above the door. “O hey! I was wondering when you were going to stop by.” I step around the counter, wiping my hands on my jeans. The smell of coffee beans and warm cookies reach you as I motion for you to come in. “Well don’t just stand there in the doorway, come on in.” I hand you a warm cup of cocoa and grin.
“So what do you think of the place?” You look around at the cozy little shop. The oak beams and polished wood floor give it a cozy mountain feeling. Sunlight beams in through the large glass windows. Small tables sit here and there with several chairs around them. A small book shelf sits in the corner, along with a few comfy recliners perfect for reading. The latest album of Piano Guys plays softly through the speakers.
I push up the sleeves of my hoodie and step around the counter. “Cinnamon Roll?”

(Hey guys! Welcome to Country’s Cafe, Christward’s version of The Heart Shaped Pastry Shop. Whether your bored, hungry, or just want to hang out come on in and take a seat! I’m on the forums a lot, so I’ll probably be here. Can’t wait to see you!)

12 Likes

Because of the time of year, a large Christmas tree sits in the corner and lights line the ceiling. Paper snow flakes hand from the rafters and Carol of the Bells plays softly through the speakers.

7 Likes

I come into Country’s Café and grab a cupcake, then chug a cup of hot cocoa, just waiting for other patrons.

5 Likes

“Yes! Someone came! I mean, Oh hello, welcome to Country’s Cafe.” I grin and sweep my unfinished puzzle into a box. Yes, I hate puzzles, but that’s how dead it’s been lately.

5 Likes

The bell dings its greeting as I walk into the quaint little shop and smile. This is so cozy! This totally reminds me of the shop, Books & Crannies, all the way over in Aethasia. This is much easier to walk to.

I hear a Christmas song I don’t believe I’ve heard wafting across the room, being transmitted through the speakers. I turn my head, and there’s a man saying, “Yes! Someone came! I mean… Oh, hello! Welcome to Country’s Café!”

I don’t think he was talking to me, but I can’t resist saying, “Thank you! Sooo… What’s on the menu?”

4 Likes

I look up. Another customer!? Yay! “Well our seasonal special is peppermint hot chocolate.
Our sandwich of the day is the chipotle avocado chicken sandwich and of course cinnamon rolls.”

5 Likes

“DID SOMEBODY SAY CHIPOTLE AVOCADO CHICKEN SANDWICH?”
The man at the counter takes a couple involuntary steps back as I burst through the door, a flurry of cold air accompanying me.
“Uh, miss, would you mind closing the door?”
I glance behind me to see snow blowing in through the half-closed door, accompanying the footprints made by my slush-soaked boots. “Oops, sorry!” I kick the door shut with a loud bang. The girl at the counter jumps, nearly spilling her hot cocoa.
“Eh…would you mind?” she asks, glaring at me slightly.
I think it’s best if I sit down quickly before I annoy anyone else. “Um sorry—anyway, could I have the chicken sandwich, sir?” I say, turning back to the shop owner.
“Absolutely!” He gives a quick smile. Reassured, I sloop off to a comfy chair to sit and de-liquefy my boots.

5 Likes

While the girl at the counter is making up her mind, I carry the other girl’s sandwich out and set it before her. I walk back to the counter and wait for the girl to decide.

@Bellflowerp @Rapunzel

3 Likes

“Can I have more hot cocoa please?” I ask the shopkeeper.

3 Likes

“Absolutely.” I start back towards the kitchen. I pause as I see the back door hanging open, the wind blowing snow all over my floor. “Well, that’s weird.” I mutter as I shut it.
Grabbing a mug, I pour the cocoa and walk back out. Doors don’t just open by themselves, especially doors that are locked from the inside…
@MulanLightFury

3 Likes

I grab my hot cocoa. “Did I just feel cold wind coming in? Like, a door opening?” I ask
@PlͥⱥgͣuͫeDoctor

3 Likes

I nod slowly. “Uh, yeah… I’m sure it’s nothing.”
I turn back to the counter where @Bellflowerp still is deciding. “At least I hope it’s nothing.”

3 Likes

I set down my cocoa and head to the back door. All I see is snow that was blown in. I grab a chair and drag it into the kitchen and by the door, then plunk down in it. I smile and wave at @PlͥⱥgͣuͫeDoctor, who is giving me funny looks, then start eating some pink Christmas cookies.

3 Likes

I watch @MulanLightFury do her thing. I walk over, curious. “What are you doing?”

2 Likes

“Umm, sitting?” I reply. “I’m watching the door!”
Ok, that sounded dumb. I just start drinking hot cocoa again.
@PlͥⱥgͣuͫeDoctor

2 Likes

Finally, after deciding for quite a long time, I ask the man, “May I please take a cinnamon roll? Also, you say you have peppermint hot chocolate. Are you able to make hot chocolate… Without the peppermint?” I flash a cheesy grin.

@PlͥⱥgͣuͫeDoctor

3 Likes

Hmmm, oh well.

“Sure thing.”
I give her a mug of hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll.

Walking back to the kitchen I grab a flyer and some tape. I tape it to the front window, then step outside to see how it looks. "CHRISTMAS PARTY. Dec. 21 Here at the cafe.
Perfect.

6 Likes

May I have mine with EXTRA whip cream? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Oh! And add caramel syrup to this to make it a Hot Turtle Chocolate! :grin::grin:
- Neo

6 Likes

"Absolutely! Wow, I can’t believe Neo is in my shop!!!:star_struck:

6 Likes

I watch the customers coming in while dusting pink Christmas cookie crumbs off my pink Christmas sweater. “Can I please have a sandwich?” I call from my chair by the door.

2 Likes