Christward Cinema

This is where you can talk ALL ABOUT MOVIES!!! For instance, what is your guys’ favorite movie(s)?

9 Likes

Anyone seen Woodlawn?? It’s awesome!

4 Likes

I have!

5 Likes

My favorite moves are How to Train Your Dragon, Mulan, Anastasia, and Hoodwinked Too!

4 Likes

Nope… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awesome! (And welcome to the Christward Forums, too! :wink: ) I really like How To Train Your Dragon as well! :dragon_face:

2 Likes

Are you excited for HTTYD 3? (Thanks for the welcome!)

1 Like

YES! I am super excited for it and also Avengers: End Game!

(You’re welcome!)

7 Likes

I don’t do Avengers…:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

*raises a hand * There… Are… Too… Many… Movies.

Yes!

I could tell… :smirk:

METOOMETOOMETOOWE’RESTILLFREAKINGOUTABOUTITTTTTTTT

4 Likes

@MulanLightFury To be fair, I got bored of all the Marvel movies. I like the Captain Marvel and Endgame Trailers though, so maybe…

…I’ll buy them on YouTube 3 years after they get released and the honest trailers guys have totally spoiled them for me.

(I didn’t see infinity war, though, so I would have to watch that first)

3 Likes

My favorite movies are Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Tangled (obvs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), HTTYD, The Lion King, Spirit, The Princess Bride…
Gosh I could list so many :smirk:

1 Like

HOW CAN ONE GET BORED WITH MARVEL :joy: Ah well, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Ooo. Mine are HTTYD (1 & 2), The Adventures of TinTin, Captain America: The First Avenger, Rise of The Guardians, Big Hero 6, Inside Out, Max… Yeah, the list goes on. :laughing:

4 Likes

idk it seemed kinda formulaic after Civil War. See, I liked the original Iron Man and the original Avengers and Iron Man 3. I liked Cap’s character development in Winter Solider. I watched Black Panther - awesome movie. But after Age of Ultron…eh, I keep seeing that formula starting to play in too many Marvel movies. They just aren’t happy anymore. There’s too much destruction for that. How can you root for the heroes to win when everyone dies? (especially in infinity war where everyone really dies?)

Iron Man had a lot of heart, back in 2008, but it was also funny. Tony Stark is just a fun character. But Marvel has really gotten away from that and got really dark lately. Even the different kind of humor of the Ant-Man franchise isn’t enough to get the series back to the casual awesome that they started with. And it’s really not the destruction itself - I liked the original Avengers - it’s the sense of mechanical helplessness that has really surrounded it. Ultron was the worst at this by far - it’s not that the bad guys destroy things because they really are bad and the heroes have to save people from the really really bad guys, it’s just: things get destroyed. Ouch.

And really really bad guys who are really bad and really destroy stuff and the heroes are temporarily made powerless to stop them really do exist, but that’s more literature and less cinema, and who wants to watch a movie about that? I don’t. The heroes kind of are supposed to STOP the bad guys from destroying stuff and killing people. In Marvel, they seem to fail, and they seem not to care that they fail, enough that the government decides to step in.

It’s when the destruction and the killing of people doesn’t matter to the heroes anymore, then it becomes meaningless to the audience. Or when the heroes don’t stop it. Take the Mission Impossible franchise, for example. Lots of action, but stuff doesn’t get destroyed, and no one dies at Marvel scale.

It’s boring when things get destroyed and it doesn’t matter anymore.

2 Likes

Oh boy, I have watched the Endgame trailer probably 10 times!

4 Likes

Anchors Away
Aristocats
Robin Hood
Christopher Robin
Easter Parade

(If anyone knows the first and last ones, I will be very impressed)

5 Likes

So… does anyone know what Lab Rats Elite Force is?

(It’s not the greatest show, but I had an idea.)

3 Likes

I have heard of it, and maybe played a few Disney . com games based off of it, but other than that, I have no idea. :laughing:

3 Likes

Okay, it’s basically teens with bionic chips injected into the back of their necks, giving them different bionic powers.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think I remember something about that. :+1:

2 Likes

Uh huh, just wondering if it would make a good RP.

2 Likes