Favorite Bible Passages & Verses

Have Bible verses, passages and even books that you are fond of? Please share them here!!

My favorite individual verse is Romans 8:1 – “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” I love it because it’s so encouraging, and it always makes me feel better, like a weight off my shoulders.

I also really love Philippians chapter 4, especially verse 13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” I struggle with the words “I can’t” a LOT, so this verse is very inspiring.

Other favorites: 1 John, Luke, Psalm chapter 1, Philippians 2:1-18

What about you?? :grinning:

11 Likes

I never thought about my favorite verse, maybe John 3: 16. I do have a favorite book, which is Esther.

5 Likes

My favorite chapter of the Bible is Psalm 23 :heart:

5 Likes

I don’t really have a favorite verse…
Books: Judges, Revelations, Psalms, Genesis

5 Likes

Right now I’m digging Isaiah 40:28-30.

5 Likes

This is perfect!

ACTS 2:38, by far!

3 Likes

Two of my current favorites! :blush:

Micah 7:8 :crossed_swords: :latin_cross:
1 Corinthians 16:14 :heart:

3 Likes

I’m partial to Psalm 46 and 107. Psalm 139 is also a fountain of spiritual bedrock to me.

I also like 2 Chronicles 21:20. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hosea 2:15, “And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.”

8 Likes

I’m a simple man haha.

Genesis 1:1. “In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.”

9 Likes

Okay, so I thought that I had read EVERY topic on this website…
I DON’T KNOW HOW I MISSED THIS ONE!!!
I literally was like, "Hmmm… Maybe I should start one, and BAM! I believe the Lord led me to this one and was like, “Ummm… it’s right here, where have you been? You think you’re the only one with this original thought?”

I have several favorite verses.
This one is my Life verse:
I Corinthians 6:19-20
“What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”

12 Likes

I love this verse, too!
The story of Hosea and Gomer is my favorite love story in the Bible. If you others don’t know the story, it’s beautiful and you must familiarize yourself with it. If you don’t understand the significance of the scriptures, I would be glad to share what little knowledge I have. But I’m sure that @Bibleman1611 could expound upon the subject more greatly and in more depth.
He’s been saved for, like, ever! :wink:
And he’s a true Bible scholar.

8 Likes

@LadyTurquoise, I am not a Bible Scholar.
I am a servant of The Lord

6 Likes

You could have fooled me.

As far as the servant part, Praise the Lord! That’s what he wants from us. You’re a great servant of the Lord. God has used you to help me.

8 Likes

My favorite passage is Psalm 18.

8 Likes

Romans 10:9! Is my fav verse! Fav book is: Hebrews!

8 Likes

Same

5 Likes

My favorite books of the Bible are Acts, Genesis, Exodus, Psalms and Revelation. :grin: Revelation is pretty awesome.

8 Likes

Hosea!
Hosea 2:15!
Or
Ruth
Ruth 2:8

9 Likes

I would have to say that my favorite book of the Bible is Ruth. I feel like I can relate to her in many ways.

Right now I am loving Colossians 2:14-15
Colossians 2:14-15 KJV
[14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; [15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Powerful verses!

9 Likes