Fun Facts!

This is a place where everybody can put up fun facts about anything. From history and science all the way through Star Wars and little known facts about life.

Here are a few fun facts to get this started.

The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”

Canadians say "sorry " so much that a law was passed in the 2009 declaring that an apology can’t be used as evidence of admission to guilt.

The only letters that don’t appear on the periodic table are J & Q.

A single strand of speghetti is actually called “Spaghetto”.

In 1923 , a jockey suffered a fatal heart attack but his horse finished and won the race, making him the first and only jockey to win a race after death.

Ok y’all get the picture. Go crazy! Have fun!!

12 Likes

I think I’m going to like it here.

Godzilla’s name in Japanese is Gojira.

You can make a glowstick out of a fourth of a cup Mountain Dew and some baking soda. (If you try this, please let me know if it works.)

There is a song about the Riddler sung by Frank Goschen who played the Riddler on a 60’s Batman tv show.

7 Likes

My youth leader likes posting fun facts…

Fun fact: there is an island with a lake that has an island on the lake which has a lake which has an island, which has a lake (more like a puddle) in it.

If that didn’t make any sense, maybe this will.

11 Likes

THAT IS SO COOL!!!

4 Likes

In order to protest the highest tariffs enforced by a U.K. Censorship board a filmmaker sent a 10 HOUR “movie” of white paint drying. The board had to watch the entire film. :joy:

Berries are defined as simple fruits stemming from one flower. This means that pineapples, bananas, watermelons, pumpkins, and avocados are all berries.

Tic Tacs got thier name from the sound they make when tossed in thier container.

10 Likes

Hey, that’s not right…

4 Likes

Oh?

4 Likes

I would have to say the chicken came first. According the creation account God created the fowl male and female. If so, they would have been alive, and therefore the chicken came first. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

it is the chicken that was made first. thanks @Agent_Romanoff!

5 Likes

Meh I don’t know. I just found this on our youth chat.

5 Likes

My Pleasure!

7 Likes

It also says “millions and millions of years”… It sounds very evolution-y.

6 Likes

I refer to my previous statement.

4 Likes

Even so, if you could keep an eye on what you post that would be very much appreciated. :wink:

5 Likes

You can use cheap hairspray as a sealant on sketches that have excess amounts of lead or charcoal.

Just know your sketch book will forever smell like cheap hairspray.

13 Likes

realizes how badly this topic needs reviving

Okay…fun fact #1 : The Olympics used to award metals for art.

From 1912-1948, the Olympic Games held competitions in the fine arts. Medals were given for literature, architecture, sculpture, painting, and music.

Fun fact #2 : Cleopatra was not Egyptian.

As best as historians can tell, Cleopatra VII (that’s her formal name) was Greek.

Fun fact # 3 : Ketchup was sold in the 1830’s as medicine.

In 1834 ketchup was sold as a cure for indigestion by an Ohio physician named John Cook. It wasn’t popularized as a condiment until the late 19th century.
(@Skunindoo , I knew there was a reason I don’t like Ketchup.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

8 Likes

rrrrEEEIIIIIIIIIAAAAHHHHHH YET ANOTHER REASON I WISH I WAS ALIVE IN THE 1940’s :sob:

5 Likes

A pencil has enough graphite in it to draw a 35 mile long line

6 Likes

Oh cool!!! Now I want to try and draw a 35 mile long line…put it on my bucket list.

3 Likes

That would take a whole lot of paper, hahah.

4 Likes