Minecraft: Survival World

Welcome to the World of Minecraft!
Where wild animals such as pigs, cows, chickens, and sheep roam the countryside in daylight; and monsters like zombies, skeletons, creepers, spiders, and endermen take over the night. Be wary of Drowned in the rivers and welcome dolphins in the ocean. Explore caves, chasms, whole biomes full of breathtaking scenery and mobs (anything that moves) that are unique to it.

Mine down to Bedrock or build up to the sky line, make your dreams come true, build to your heart’s content in a Creative World! Or, if you’re more daring, fight for you life in a Survival world. Interact with villagers from all places, and don’t set a raid on them if you aren’t prepared! Daringly explore mansions, ocean monuments, or Pillager outposts. You can build and rule your own empire in Minecraft, nothing is impossible! (except for round things, those don’t exist)

Our story is set in a sort of public Survival world, but, of course, it’s just going to be the people writing here that are in the Survival world. It’s starts out like any old Survival world, you spawn in an random place and have to collect materials to protect yourself before nightfall. So, unless you are a very fast miner and builder, you can’t have an enchanted diamond sword or pickax yet. You can choose what biome you spawn in and we’ll all be somewhat close together so we can actually find each other. And just to be clear, I’m going to post first to kickoff the story :grin:

Click here for the discussion topic and here for the bio topic. Let’s get mining/building!

5 Likes

“I don’t know if I want to try to find buried treasure today, Kevin,” Sophie said, fidgeting with her reddish-brown pigtail, “we just got into this world and I feel like I need to do a lot more mining.”
She and her Endermen friend Kevin, unique because of his right green eye, had been invited to a public Survival World challenge. They had spawned in a Tundra biome, and had walked around until they found a village. A cartographer there was randomly giving away free maps, saying he had too many. Sophie and Kevin had gotten one just for fun and were walking back to their house through a huge field.

“Have we built a house yet?” Sophie asked, her gray eyes staring off into space.
Kevin shook his head, a small endermen noise barely escaping his throat. Sophie frowned, “As soon as we find some trees we should settle down.”
Absentmindedly, Sophie’s eyes wandered up to the sky, she stopped, a scream barely holding itself in her chest.
“Oh no! It’s already sunset!” She said fearfully, stopping in her tracks and desperately looking around for building materials. “Oh! Maybe we can just a hole in the ground and stay there for the night?” She frantically broke the block underneath her, only to fall into a pitch black underground cave.
The breath escaped her lungs as Sophie hit the rocks. Every single bone felt broken and all she could do was give a faint groan, her ears ringing.

Kevin was by her side in a second, and she thought he would just pick her up and teleport away but instead nothing happened and she lay there not being able to move a single joint.
When her ears stopped ringing Sophie realized why Kevin hadn’t just teleported them away. She heard punching, crackling of skeletons, angry endermen noises and groans of zombies.
“Erungh” Sophie gritted her teeth and shut her eyes tight against the groans, she hated that noise. It was the noise she’d first heard before her parents were attacked.

Suddenly she heard an explosion, and Kevin cried out. Sophie’s eyes snapped open and she tried to sit up. “Kevin!” she cried as she tried to see through the pitch blackness where he was. The groans got louder as Sophie painfully crawled over the floor hands stretched out to find her friend. Her hand found a body on the floor, it was still breathing. She collapsed on it, tears running down her face. The groans seemed inches away.

Suddenly Sophie could hear a sword being drawn, and the sounds of zombies dying behind her. A spark of hope flared up in Sophie, and “What in the world?” was the last thing she heard before passing out.

@Perithebeast

3 Likes

Peregrine woke to a chilly breeze brushing her cheeks.

She sat up and immediately shaded her eyes against the rising sun. Her surroundings offered a lot of open space, but not a whole lot of trees. Grass grew in patches. Slushy snow blanketed the landspace.

A tundra, she thought to herself, Not a terrible place to spawn. Would’ve been better if it were a plain.

She stood up and brushed the snow off her shoulders, shivering. Movement by a cluster of spruce trees caught her eye. A solitary wolf peered at her from behind a tree, cocking its head. She tentatively approached it, but it ran off and hid behind some ferns.

“I’ll come back to you later,” she said with a smirk, and then started work on taking down the trees.

By evening, she had a set of stone tools, a crafting table, a furnace and a little bit of pork to eat. If I can’t get a bed soon I’ll be in trouble, she thought, biting her lip and glancing at the setting sun. She jogged up a hill to get a look around, crossing her fingers for some sheep. On the horizon, right next door to a taiga forest, was a village. Peri’s heart lept with relief and she practically tumbled back down the hill.

She smiled as her feet met pathway, and she walked to the nearest villager. “You wouldn’t happen to have an extra place to rest, would you?” she asked.

The villager, with a very uninterested look on his face, responded with “Hrmm,” and then walked away. Peri rolled her eyes and moved on.

She found a chest in one of the village houses and dropped off her extra supplies. But as she was about to collapse into the nearby bed, she picked up a sound.

A very peculiar sound.

A scream. Coming from outside the window.

“Somebody. . . there?” she murmured, her brow furrowed. She hurried outside, yanked a torch from one of the street lamps (knowing that the villagers wouldn’t care less) and followed the noise, straining her eyes against the ever-descending darkness beyond the light of the village.

She passed by a cave and froze. She heard monsters. Angry monsters.

Why would they be– her thoughts were interrupted by a voice. No, not a villager. A girl. Peri’s pale blue eyes danced as she imagined what must be happening. “Wish I had a shield right now. . .” she hissed as she marched into the cave.

She took a left and then a couple rights, and there they were. Three zombies and two skeletons, all clawed hands and teeth and cocked bows. But they weren’t trained on her.

“What in the world–”

Two figures lay on the ground, motionless, the monsters crowding them. One glance at a hole in the cave’s ceiling and the starry sky beyond it, and Peri completed the scene in her head: They had dug straight down without realizing there was a cave underneath.

Taking a quick deep breath, she raised her sword and barked, “Hey! If you want a fight, come over 'ere!”
All five of the undead ghouls froze and looked in her direction. A zombie snarled.

Would be nice to have a bow too. . .

Peri attached her torch to the tunnel wall and jumped to the side as an arrow whizzed by her. A zombie was on her in seconds. Dodging its probing, sharp fingernails, she stabbed it multiple times until it was no more. She yelped in pain as an arrow made its mark in her left forearm, and she charged one of the skeletons.

The other skeleton loosed an arrow that hit another zombie, who quickly changed direction and hobbled for the dim-witted archer. The zombie won, and after Peri managed to finish off the other two mobs, she felled it. And the battle was over.

Peri leaned against the wall. She had suffered two arrows, two scratches and a shallow bite. After pulling out the arrows she ate and swallowed a lump of pork, and sighed as she felt the pain subside and her strength come back.

After a quick check to make sure there were no more monsters, she grabbed her torch to look around. The cave’s floor was dotted with monster bodies. Besides the five mobs she had just faced, there were a few more undead and even a couple of endermen. A fresh creeper hole smoked in the middle of the room. She turned her attention to the figure on the floor. It was a girl with dark hair; she looked to be a few years younger than Peri.

The enderman next to her stirred and groaned. Her hand went back to her sword hilt, but she hesitated. Had she seen the girl caressing it like a dying friend? With a sigh, she decided to dismiss it.

The girl didn’t suffer any broken bones, just some bruises. She would have a nasty headache in the morning, but overall she would be fine. The sound of footsteps coming from deeper in the cave told her that it was probably best to take the girl to the village where she would be safe. With many a grunt, she scooped her up and started for the cave’s exit.

The enderman on the ground suddenly growled and one of its slender black claws reached for them; Peri nearly jumped out of her socks. A glance backwards told her the it was currently too shaken up to get up and pursue them. Knowing endermen, it would either die, or recover and forget all about them.

Returning to the house where her chest was, Peri set the girl on the bed and then walked to the house next door, picked up a bed back there, and settled next to the girl. She was pretty sure the girl would be awake by morning.

@LilaKitty

3 Likes

Sophie’s eyes fluttered open. Ow, oh my head… She slowly sat up, and realized she wasn’t in the cave anymore. She looked out the window and saw she had somehow gotten into the village she and Kevin had found.

“Kevin,” she said hoarsely, “did you teleport us her-” she turned her head and instead of Kevin sitting on the floor like he normally did when waiting for her to wake up, on the other side of the tiny hut there was a girl asleep on another bed. Sophie got out of bed, and poked her head out of the hut. “Kevin?” She called softly, endermen had very good hearing so she’d never had to yell for him.

“Who’s Kevin?” a groggy voice behind her asked. Sophie whirled around, then immediately regretted it and clutched her head, wincing. The girl had woken up and was halfway out of bed. She looked a few years older then Sophie, and had bright, blond hair.
“Who are you?” Sophie asked in a small voice. Then she got suspicious, “What did you do with Kevin?” Then it suddenly came to her: She and Kevin had been in a cave, she’d heard a voice before everything went black. This girl must’ve found her and Kevin and taken her, leaving Kevin behind!

Fear started creeping it’s cold way down Sophie’s spine, the girl left Kevin alone, wounded, in a cave full of monsters! Of course, she didn’t know Kevin was a good endermen, very few people did. But didn’t she see his eye and- oh wait, she wouldn’t have looked because if you look an endermen in the eye they attack you…

Sophie thought quickly, “We need to go back for Kevin!” she exclaimed to the puzzled girl, “we can’t leave him where he’ll die!”

@Perithebeast

3 Likes

Never in Peri’s life did she think she would be woken up by a call of “Kevin?”

She opened her eyes. Daylight peered through the window. A chilly breeze and a shadow told her that someone was holding the door open. Probably a careless villager, she thought as she reached for her glasses and slid them onto her face.

She started when she saw the girl, and then all the memories of last night came back like a redstone lamp turned on.

“Kevin?” the girl whispered again.

“Who’s Kevin?” asked Peri, annoyed how croaky her sleepy voice sounded.

The girl turned around to face her and immediately put her hand to her forehead wincing in pain. It really was a hard fall, Peri thought.

The girl leaned against the doorframe. “Who are you? What did you do with Kevin?” Her dancing eyes suddenly widened. “We need to go back for him! We can’t leave him here where he’ll die!”

“Who’s Kevin?” Peri asked again.

“My enderman friend!”

“Enderman?” Peri raised an eyebrow.

“You left him in the cave! Wounded!!”

Peri’s mind raced. She didn’t fight an enderman, did she?? She remember seeing one. . . no. She fought three zombies and two skeletons, but not the enderman.

“I had assumed. . . I had – I mean. . .” Peri now clutched her own forehead. Minds shouldn’t have to work this fast so early in the morning. . .

“I know,” said the girl, “You had assumed he was just another enderman. I understand. But now that you know that he’s my friend, we should go back for him!”

“Why do you need me?”

“To help, of course! Besides, I feel safer with someone by my side.”

Peri wondered if the girl could see the gears turning in her brain behind her eyes as she fought with herself trying to decide what to do.

Do I have to? Should I?
May as well.
She can fend for herself. She had tools.
She’s wounded!
“Enderman friend”?? Is her head okay?
You saw the way she was reaching out to it before she passed out!
Well–
GO.

Peri sighed and her shoulders relaxed. “All right, fine. Let’s go. Let me grab some torches first.”

@LilaKitty

2 Likes

The blond girl stared intently at Sophie after she had explained everything. Finally the girl gave a sigh and seemed to relax a bit more.
“All right, fine. Let’s go. Let me grab some torches first.”
Sophie practically bounced on her toes. “Yayeee!” She squealed, she had not been looking forward to rescuing Kevin herself. As the girl put down a crafting table and started making torches Sophie’s extrovert side switched into motion.
“By the way, my name’s Sophie! What’s your name?”

“Peri.” the girl said simply, attention on her crafting.
“Nice to meet you Peri!” Sophie said, “Thank you ever so much for rescuing me in the cave last night, even if you left Kevin behind. By the way when we find him, he’ll be very suspicious of you, he rarely trusts anyone. So you shouldn’t talk much, let me explain to him everything so he knows I’m out of danger.”
Peri nodded slightly, a blank expression on her face.
“I hope you’ll stick with us after this,” Sophie continued, “it would be nice to team up and survive together, wouldn’t it?”
“We’ll see.” Peri said, as she finished up crafting and put her table away. “Well, we better get going.”

“Right!” Sophie darted out the door without hesitation, running the direction she and Kevin had taken the evening before.
“HEY!” Peri caught hold of Sophie’s arm and spun her around.
“What?” Sophie said, slightly annoyed.
“You don’t want to go running at top speed and fall into the hole you made again do you?”
“Oh…I hadn’t thought of that.” Sophie felt her face growing the slightest bit hot. She’d only been thinking of getting to Kevin on time. She took a deep breath, It’s not like the monsters will attack him, he’ll just sit there until I come. That thought calmed Sophie down a little.
“So, where’s the cave entrance?” She asked Peri.
“This way.” Peri started trotting out of the village and Sophie followed.
@Perithebeast

2 Likes

Energetic thing, this Sophie, Peri thought to herself as she walked back to the cave. Head-strong too. Hard not to like her though. She quietly sighed and reminded herself to keep her guard up.

“Don’t over-exert yourself too much down there, Sophie,” she said looking behind her shoulder at the anxious girl, “You had a nasty fall last night.”

“Uh-huh.” Sophie nodded.

Peri had made a shield before they left the house. She now adjusted her grip on it as they passed through the lip of the cave. They didn’t encounter a lot of monsters on the way except a couple spiders, but Peri decided they’d be better safe than sorry. “Listen,” she said to Sophie, “you take a look at your enderman, I’m going to light up the surrounding caves, a’ight?”

“Okay!” she replied, nodding her head furiously. Peri tried not to laugh when she winced again.

When we made it to the room, the enderman was still there, its eyes shut. She smiled weakly. If it was still there, than it was probably still alive.

“Kevin!!” Sophie ran ahead and was upon the crumpled monster before you could say “don’t dig straight down.” She smiled in their direction and made her way to another cave, torches at the ready. It would give Sophie time to talk to Kevin and inspect his wounds.

@LilaKitty

2 Likes

Kevin’s eyes blinked open at hearing Sophie. He made a hoarse endermen noise and tried to get up. Sophie supported him with her arm.
“Are you ok, Kevin? Are you seriously hurt?” She looked him over and found a gash in his arm. “Oh Kevin…”
She helped him stand up and at that moment Peri came back from lighting up the cave. Kevin’s eyes narrowed and he lunged toward Peri, who’s eyes widened and backed away, hand going behind her back like she was getting a sword.
“NO! Kevin STOP!” Sophie flung herself in between the angry enderman and her new found friend, spreading her arms wide.
“Kevin, she’s a friend, she saved me! She didn’t know you’re good, I’m sorry I was gone but this person,” Sophie went over to Peri and put her hand on her shoulder, feeling the girl stiffen beneath it, “is our friend. Please don’t kill her!”
Kevin made what sounded like a sigh and struggled to get up again. Sophie went over to him and he made a sad endermen noise.
“I’m sorry I was taken away,” Sophie said, hugging her tall, black friend. “But both of us would’ve been finished off by zombies if Peri hadn’t come along.”
Kevin made another sad noise.
“You didn’t fail me, Kevin! You did very well fighting the monsters, it’s not your fault a creeper creeped up and exploded, that’s why they’re called creepers!”
Sophie took Kevin’s hand and started leading the limping endermen back down the path she and Peri had taken to get there.
“C’mon Peri! We need to get Kevin’s arm fixed up.”
@Perithebeast

2 Likes

The first thing Peri did when she emerged out of the tunnel was look at the enderman’s eyes. She didn’t want to, but what’s the first thing you would do if you found an enderman with a green eye?

Any doubt in her mind that Sophie and the enderman were friends disappeared as Sophie calmed him down and coaxed him into not attacking Peri. The fact that she can stop an enderman, who are relentless in nature. . . She shook her head in dull astonishment.

The enderman stared at her. She stared at his chest. Take your hand off the sword, Chasm, her thoughts nagged her, and her hand slipped to her side.

“C’mon, Peri, we need to get Kevin’s arm fixed up,” said Sophie once she had helped Kevin to his feet. The duo started for the exit; Peri trailed behind them in silence.

How does one take care of a wounded enderman? she huffed to herself in silent laughter; who knew that thought would ever crossed her mind? This is too strange. A girl who’s friends with an enderman with a green eye. . .

As Sophie lead him up the tunnel, Kevin turned his head and looked at Peri. She could hear a growl playing at his throat. Peri bit her lips and focused on a spot on his elbow swinging back and forth, not letting her eyes betray her once more. “H’lo there,” she said softly. The growling got louder.

Sophie looked back at her and flashed a smile. Peri saw her squeeze his arm tighter.

Peri tried again. “H’lo. I’m Peri. Sorry I looked at you. I know you don’t like that. I hope you can forgive me. . . . I’ve just never seen an enderman with green eyes before. . .” She had to remind herself again to not look up.

Kevin let out a steady growl as she talked to him, but otherwise made no move. Peri averted her eyes to her feet in a sort of respectful gesture.

“Why does he have a green eye, Sophie?”

@LilaKitty

2 Likes

Sophie glanced at Kevin, frowning at his growls toward Peri.
I know he’s angry that she took me away, but it was all for good.
She leaned her head against his thin, black arm and rubbed his hand with her thumb.
“It’s ok, Kevin.” she said softly, even though his growls were louder she knew he could hear her. “It’s ok, she’s a friend, please don’t be angry at her, she’s a friend, she saved me. Nothing bad happened, I’m ok, everything’s ok, please don’t be mad.”

Kevin’s growls lessened as Peri asked, “Why does he have a green eye, Sophie?”
Kevin stopped in his tracks, Peri almost running into him. His growls got louder and louder, until, when they came almost to an endermen war cry, Sophie clamped her hand over Kevin’s mouth. He looked down at her, pleading with his eyes. Sophie turned toward Peri and said quietly.

“I’ve never told anyone that, not even my closest friends. It’s Kevin’s secret and he doesn’t want anyone else but me and him to know it.” She looked away, “He always said someone had to prove themselves worthy of his trust before he ever consider telling them. Right now,” Sophie giggled, even though it was a serious matter, “you’re not very close to gaining his trust.”

@Perithebeast

2 Likes

Are endermen more dangerous when they make friends, or is it just me?

Peri didn’t say anything and looked back down at her feet as they left the cave. An unwelcome wave of red-hot guilt washed over her.

First I left him in the cave to die, then I looked him in the eyes when I clearly shouldn’t have, then I asked a sensitive question. This is all wrong. I have no right to be around him or Sophie. This is why I try to stay away from people. . .

Peri gritted her teeth and her face reddened. She wanted to apologize. She wanted to say something. But she knew if she started talking, tears would follow. And she wouldn’t let a stranger see her cry.

“Hey, um. . . you two go ahead to the village. I’m going for a quick walk. . . to get some supplies and um. . . to clear up my head a little. There’s extra supplies in the chest if you need anything.”

“Okay!” Sophie flashed her a warm smile and continued up the path. Peri watched them go with a sort of fascination and pity, and then headed into the woods.

A little ways away from the village, she fell back on a tree and slid to the ground. She gazed up at the tree’s deep-green needles and breathed a long sigh. It’s not my fault, she told herself, I didn’t know the enderman was her friend. There was no way of knowing.

The guilt didn’t subside.

She swallowed as a single tear rolled down her cheek and under her chin.

This is why, she said again, I stay away from everyone. Things always go wrong. . .

A fern rustled a few feet away from her. Peri gazed at it and spotted a pair of big, triangular ears, which were attached to a fuzzy head, which had curious dark blue eyes.

Peri smiled weakly at the wolf, which cocked its head at her. The wolf tentatively took a step out of the fern, towards her. Her smile grew ever so slightly, and she slowly extended her hand. “You can come here. As long as you don’t eat me of course.”

The wolf padded to her and sniffed her hand. “Want some bones? I have a few.”

It cocked its head again as Peri took out three bones. The wolf came closer and grab one of them in its jaws. It turned a circle and wagged its tail.

Peri chuckled and ran her fingers over the wolf’s grey-white fur. “I’ll call you Nelly.”

Peri and Nelly sat under the tree for a long time.

@LilaKitty

3 Likes

Sophie sighed as she bandaged Kevin’s arm. “You really shouldn’t be so mean to people, Kevin, not everyone is determined to kill me.”
Kevin humphed and averted his gaze.
“I have a feeling you made our new friend feel bad. I know you’re not good at being nice but you can always try your best to at least not show you hate them.”
Kevin muttered grumpily under his breath.
“I know that’s why you stay in the background, but this is a survival world, not a server full of people, we need to stay together.”
Kevin made what sounded a little bit like a whine.
“We can’t be alone the whole time! If we really want to survive, the best way is to team up and build strong bases! And plus we get to make new friends!”
Kevin put his hand to his head and moaned slightly.
“Here, why don’t you get some rest and I’m gonna go do something. I’ll be fine! I can take care of myself for a few minutes, I won’t be gone long.” And before Kevin could protest Sophie zipped out the door and shut it behind her.

She wandered around the village some until she saw a figure leaning against a tree in the distance. Sophie walked over to Peri and sat down on the grass beside her. A wolf panted happily at Peri’s feet while she stroked it, smiling.
“Hello,” Sophie began, startling Peri a bit. Sophie smiled and continued, “Hey, I’m sorry for what happened, I know you must feel terrible and I wanted to make sure you were ok.”
The smile slipped from Peri’s face and she looked away. Sophie frowned in pity,
“Kevin’s really overprotected, but I have gotten into some pretty bad scrapes that he pulled me out of. I’m not that good at strategy, you see, and I just plunge ahead not knowing the danger. Even though Kevin can be a big, grumpy, no fun guy he just has a soft spot for me underneath…”
Sophie trailed off and her face clouded over with memory, “I think he got it when he rescued me that night zombies attacked and killed my family…” She blinked back to reality and blushed a little,
“I know I probably shouldn’t be telling you this, Kevin wouldn’t want me to but…” Sophie locked eye contact with Peri, “I feel like I can trust you.”

@Perithebeast

2 Likes

Peri looked up at Sophie with sympathy in her expression. “I’m glad you trust me. I’m still trying to decide if I should trust you back.” Or importantly, trust myself. She took a deep breath and slowly stood up. “Hey, I’m sorry for everything. I know we didn’t exactly start off on the right foot, Kevin and I. I didn’t treat him the way I ought to have. I just didn’t know. . .”

“It’s okay, Peri!” Sophie put a hand on her shoulder, “I’ve forgiven you. Now you know. Let’s go back to the village. What’s your dog’s name?”

Peri smiled weakly as they started walking. “Nelly.”

“Nelly is really sweet!”

“Yeah, I think I saw her yesterday too. . . near spawn. Looks like she’s warmed up to me.”

Sophie grinned.

“Will you let me come near Kevin, or does he need space?” Peri asked.

“He probably needs space, but he should also get aquainted with you soon. Later this afternoon, probably.”

“I need to grab supplies anyway. I still only have stone tools, and no armor.” Peri chuckled. “How about you take care of Kevin, and I’ll go back in the cave and get us some iron and coal and things?”

“Sounds great!!” Sophie twirled in place. “See you later today, then?”

“Yeah! I’ll be back with things for both of us. Would you mind finding some food as well?”

“Of course! We’re going to make a great team.” exclaimed Sophie, grinning ear to ear.

Peri smiled back respectfully. Doubt danced in her eyes.

Sophie softened her smile. “I know we will.” Then she continued to the village.

As Peri got out her pickaxe and started down the cave for the third time, with Nelly right behind her, she thought to herself, I think I can learn to trust her, at least.

@LilaKitty

2 Likes

~~Generating world~~

Emily instantly surveyed her surroundings. Tundra. That meant mountains and spruce trees. She was certain a snowy plain wasn’t far.

After taking a few steps, she saw a mountain. That was her target. She would build a 4000 block cobblestone fort there, dominating anyone around. All the diamonds and iron should would mine would be safe and secure.

Just like her brother taught her. Emily put her hands on her hips and grinned.

After collecting some logs from a smaller spruce tree, she started up the mountain, quickly analyzing the fastest route to the top.

Huffing slightly and a little hungry, Emily finally reached the top. This would be perfect. She could mine plenty of minerals here, connecting her mines to caves which would give her routes all over the mountain and making the ultimate maze that would render any intruder completely lost.

She quickly put together a crafting table and placed it on the ground. After fashioning a wooden sword and pickaxe, she dumped her remaining scraps of wood in a chest and set off back down the mountain to explore.

A village was to the west and signs of another building close by. Emily was suspicious of most other people, afraid they would rob her, hurt her.

She veered towards the village. There was a chance these people wouldn’t be brutal. But she kept a tight grip on her sword as she approached.

She would just grab a bed and leave. If she bumped into anyone…well, let’s just say she knew how to handle a sword, how to add an extra jab that could change the tide of the battle.

Emily was determined to be dominant. She’d be the king on the mountain.

Well, queen on the mountain.

3 Likes

Well, I’m glad that’s fixed up. Sophie thought as she skipped back to the village to grab a sword and get some food.

An hour later Sophie trotted back into the village with plenty of mutton, pork, beef, and chicken. As she sat by the furnace waiting for it to cook she glanced out the window and saw a girl about her age with long, brown hair tiptoeing toward a house, looking around with narrowed eyes. She looked nervous, determined, and hungry.

Well, I can help with that! Sophie grabbed some cooked pork from the furnace and burst through the door yelling “HI!”
The brown haired girl nearly jumped out of her shoes and immediately whipped out a sword. Sophie stopped a few feet away from her and giggled.
“Sorry, I guess I was a bit too loud there. Anyway hi! You look hungry and I have plenty of food so here!” She thrust out the cooked pork and gave the girl her biggest smile.
@Perithebeast @Millennium

3 Likes

Emily ducked into a house and started to look around. Villagers never seemed to care if someone took anything so why not grab a few things?

She reached to unlatch a chest when she was suddenly assaulted with a happy, bubbly, enthusiastic, pork-smelling ‘HI!’

Emily groped for her sword, waving it in front of herself in warning. She realized that no one was attacking her and that giggles were coming from the doorway.

A brown haired girl stood looking at her through big, grey eyes. Hardly a threat. Emily put her sword away, feeling a little silly.

The girl laughed. “Sorry, I guess I was a bit too loud there. Anyway hi! You look hungry and I have plenty of food so here.” She handed Emily some pork.

“Ah, thanks.” Emily took it gingerly and nibbles on it. Yummy. Anyways, time to establish dominance.

“I’m Emily,” she waved a hand toward her mountain. “I’m your new mountain queen.”

That sounded really dumb.

“I mean, I live on that mountain. Well, I don’t really live there yet, I’m still building.”

She mentally slapped herself. Why couldn’t she speak today? “Forget everything I just said.” She muttered and then cleared her throat.

“I’m Emily and I’m going to build a big fort over there. So, um, don’t try and rob me. I won’t rob you.”

How did that sound dominating? Okay new strategy, let action speak louder than words and just get the fort built, demonstrating her dominance-y…-ness.

The girl looked at her expectancy. Emily wasn’t sure what to do next. She wanted to be friends. That was okay. She opened her mouth to invite the girl to her fort when it was completed when a black, tall figure appeared at the door.

“ENDERMAN!”

@LilaKitty

3 Likes

Sophie glanced behind her, “Oh! Hi Kevin!” She gave him a quick hug as the girl, Emily, stared in utter confusion. “Did you have a good rest?”
Kevin yawned and made a contented endermen noise.
“Good. Anyway,” Sophie turned back to Emily, who’s expression had changed to suspicion. “Nice to meet you Emily! And my friend here is Kevin, he’s a good endermen unless you hurt me but I think you’re nice so hopefully that won’t happen.” she laughed nervously.
“You’re fort sounds cool! There’s another girl I met named Peri, she’s probably coming back soon.”

Sophie looked around and down the village street but she didn’t see any signs of Peri coming back. Kevin made an grumpy endermen noise which made Emily stiffen. Sophie tried to break the tenseness, “Hey! It’s almost evening and Peri should be back any minute now, why don’t we find you a bed for the night, Emily? Uh, assuming you don’t have one, of course if you already have one we, um, don’t need to…”
Man that was awkward. Sophie scratched her head nervously, looking at the ground and shifting from side to side in embarrassment. Usually she was great at small talk, but Kevin added a tenseness in the air she just couldn’t get rid of.
@Perithebeast @Millennium

3 Likes

Emily smiled weakly, still eyeballing the Enderman. “It’s fine, I’ve never seen a pet Enderman before.”

Her gaze drifted. “Thank you for the food. I shall now go and build by…house.”

As she made a move to step out of the house, a grey and white cat darted into the room.

Emily grinned and grabbed some raw cod from the chest next to her, and fed it to the cat.

The cat purred and I scooped it up. “I think I’ll take this kitty with me.”

@LilaKitty

3 Likes

Sophie’s face scrunched up in confusion. “Pet?! No no no! Kevin’s my friend.” She looked up and smiled apologetically as Kevin growled a little.
“Um, so yeah I guess I’ll leave to building…as a matter a face I need to build a house for myself too…hey! Why don’t we build houses together? Mine can be next to your fort and we could be neighbors!!”

Sophie smiled big at the idea. “We can help each other out and when Peri comes back maybe she’ll help us to! We could start a whole neighborhood!! We could-” she stopped suddenly as she realized Emily wasn’t there anymore. She’d picked up her cat and ran off. Sophie felt disappointed and sighed, “Oh well, I guess she wants to build alone…”
Kevin put a hand on her shoulder and made an apologetic endermen noise.
“Yeah, you’re right Kevin, I guess I think too fast and people can’t keep up. Well, I guess we should build a house, shouldn’t we?”

And soon Sophie’s optimism returned as she and Kevin collected wood to build a house a little outside the village. By the time they’d finished it was sunset and Sophie went to bed while Kevin teleported out to collect supplies from caves and such.

@Millennium

3 Likes

Peri had a lot to think about as she scanned the tunnels for coal and iron. For one thing, due to all that had happened, she hadn’t even begun to consider what she was going to do next. She was still basically homeless, lodging in a village. She started thinking about house designs and locations. I liked that forest I met Nelly in. . . Right next door to the village for easy trading. I’ve never done a forest base before. . .

Her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar vWOOP. Peri jumped a little, then smiled. An enderman. Any chance at getting an enderpearl or two was always welcome. She turned to the enderman. . .

It had a green eye.

Peri panicked for just a second, and then calmed down and looked away. “Oh. . . Hey, Kevin. Feeling better?”

Peri couldn’t understand enderman speech, but if the noise Kevin just made wasn’t a “HUMPH,” she’d eat her pickaxe.

Kevin turned away and dug his slender claws into the stone, pulling out an iron ore. Strong thing, Peri thought.

Peri finished mining out a vein of coal and then looked back in Kevin’s direction. “I’m sorry,” she breathed, “. . .For everything.”

Kevin glanced at me and then looked back at his iron vein. Peri could barely hear a low growl.

Just then Nelly turned the corner, saw Kevin and immediately started barking.

“Oh, for Notch’s sakes, quiet down. He’s all right.”

Nelly ceased, although her hackles didn’t go down.

Peri rolled her eyes and turned back to her work. “Sorry 'bout that, too.”

Kevin responded with a sort of dismissive noise.

A minute later, Peri finally managed to light up all the caves and began her trip back home. As she made her way back up the cave, a dark spot on the ceiling caught her eye. A piece of coal ore that she had missed. After contemplating it for a second, she squatted, jumped, and swang her pickaxe into the air. Missed. She tried again. . . nothing but air. Oh well. . . She started to walk away when she heard movement behind her. She turned around, and nearly gasped.

There was Kevin, standing at his full height, pulling the ore down from the ceiling. She could hear the coal scraping against the stone as it came loose.

He really is strong!

Kevin set the coal on the ground, avoiding eye contact. Tentatively, Peri, reached down and picked it up. “. . .Thanks.”

He said nothing.

“I guess that means you forgive me?”

He grunted.

Peri smirked, and continued up the cave. Kevin followed a few meters behind.

It was night by the time she surfaced. When she came into the house Sophie was already in bed. She quietly opened the chest and emptied her pockets. She smiled. 22 iron ore and 30 coal. Not bad!

After throwing some coal and iron into the furnace, she washed her face in the village fountain and finally collapsed into bed.

3 Likes