Quarantine Activities!

So I’m sure that most, if not all of us are under quarantine from COVID-19. Although this is a situation is a serious matter, and you should take all neccesary precautions to stay safe, and keep others safe, we should still have fun!
On Sunday I made a “Quarantine bucket list,” which is basically a list of things I’ve been wanting to do, but haven’t had the time to. Being homeschooled, not much has changed, but with dance closed and not being able to hang out with friends, I’ve found myself pretty bored in the afternoons.
Some of the things on my list were
-bake and decorate a cake
-have a photoshoot
-learn a new song on piano
-re-decorate room
And a lot of other things. Use this topic as a place to share pictures of things you’ve done, and maybe ideas that we all try together.
Stay safe, and trust God.

12 Likes

My plan is to sleep. Like a lot. Just to go completely into hibernation. Can’t be bored if you’re not awake.

9 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: The “COVID-19” is just a cold, or flu with a fancy name, they named it to drive the stock market down. don’t hold me to it, and just so you know, i am NOT sick.

5 Likes

Well, my quarantine activities have consisted of sleeping, watching Netflix, and reading…ooh and exercising inside. By the way, if you guys want to burn some energy, there’s this lady on Youtube who has a lot of good workouts, jessicasmithtv is the name.

Also, there’s a new series called The Chosen, all about the people who followed Jesus. It’s really really good! I highly recommend.

5 Likes

I’ll mostly be catching up on schoolwork. However, for the benefit of you, bows theatrically I shall post some ideas from my When Life Gives You Boredom… pinterest board. Let me know if you find any of them appealing.

11 Likes

Like I said on ALF, it’s also very new compared to the cold. And it’s not exactly like the cold – it’s actually a respiratory disease. They’re taking all these precautions to slow down its spread so hospitals won’t be overwhelmed, etc. The stock market plummeting is an unfortunate side effect.

ANYWAYS, so far I’ve spent most of my week playing on the computer. That’s how I find my entertainment. :3 But I’m also home-schooled so if it weren’t spring break I’d be doing school, hahah.

I almost flew to my aunt’s house this week, buuuuuut yeah, that’s not happening. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t been doing much out of the ordinary. That includes reading, drawing, schoolwerx, chores around the house… Hmm, I should also practice my dance routines, just to make sure I don’t forget anything. Oh, and I took this picture of my dog ^-^

Btw @ScienceSiren I’ve made those bead lizards before; they’re super fun! I have this kit I got a long time ago that has instructions on how to make ladybugs, puppies, even butterflies!

8 Likes

To be completely accurate it is simply a mutated strand of Coronavirus, the viruses that cause the common cold and flu. While this particular strand is more severe, it does not warrant the level of panic being spurred on by the media and other news outlets. Thankfully President Trump and other leaders have a good head on their shoulders to carry out the necessary steps.

Unfortunate yes. Side effect? No. Like so many things today it all stems from political roots. The radical Left is very dependent on the recent toll taken on the economy and stock market. It will very greatly lessen the chances for President Trump to be reelected in the upcoming election. (The first election that I will actually get to vote :v:)

6 Likes

Well… I don’t think Covid is blown out of proportion too much. Just look at the crisis in Italy. They are literally having to pick who gets to live or die because their hospitals are being overrun with patients. I think we should take it seriously, because even while younger people aren’t as susceptible to it, we can still be carriers (like them flood bois from Halo) and infect older people. Am I making any sense?

9 Likes

I’ve knitted and done school. :joy: My day-to-day life hasn’t really changed. I have no social life. :confused:

7 Likes

Same here. It is a sad state of affairs.

6 Likes

I am not quarantined yet. my state still has a relatively low case count. I still have school, because I am homeschooled. So yea, I do school and not much else.

6 Likes

Ideas for things to do during the quarantine:

• go on a walk (assuming you live in a place where the great outdoors is easily accessible)
  • wash a car
  • weed your garden/yard/driveway
  • finish a project you have been procrastinating on

(I did the walk and the weeding today.)

10 Likes

7 Likes

More things to do while you can’t leave the house.

8 Likes

I love wire art! I made a few little wire men a while ago. I will post a picture if I can find one.

4 Likes

Ah, I just remembered, the last one reminds me of when I got my brother to say ‘bippity boppity boo’ in a Batman voice :joy:

4 Likes

That looks like something my aunt would make.

5 Likes

Literally my entire plan is/was: read books. Play minecraft with other people/myself/siblings. play other video games. do school. complain im bored. Repeat.

7 Likes

For all those miserable souls separated from their libraries…

8 Likes