Quotable Quotes

This is a topic that you can post quotes. Me and @B2URRYBEAST will pick the best ones at the end of the month and put them in the Christward Chronicle! Just make sure to tell who you are quoting.

“Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?” ― Obi Wan Kenobi

“A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. — Franklin D. Roosevelt

20 Likes

“If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” - Martin Luther King JR.

“With a new day come new strength and new thoughts.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

“You mean I have this acorn in my pocket for nothing?” - Me

18 Likes

“That’s how it starts: The fever, the rage—the feeling of powerlessness—that turns good men . . . cruel.” ~Alfred [Batman v Superman]

“I would challenge you to a duel of wits, but I see you are unarmed!!”
~William Shakespeare

“Superheroes were created in the minds of people desperate to be saved.”
~Jodi Picoult

“God’s creatures who cried themselves to sleep stirred to cry again.”
~Thomas Harris [Silence of the Lambs]

“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
~Sigmund Freud

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.”
~Philip K. Dick.

“And how do you know that you’re mad?"
“To begin with,” said the Cat, “a dog’s not mad. You grant that?” I suppose so, said Alice. “Well then,” the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it’s angry, and wags it’s tail when it’s pleased. Now I growl when I’m pleased, and wag my tail when I’m angry. Therefore I’m mad.”

~[Alice in Wonderland]

“But a man is a frivolous and incongruous creature, and perhaps, like a chess player, loves the process of the game, not the end of it.”
~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“I could try to explain, but it wouldn’t be the answer you want. Don’t pretend that it is.”
~a character from my book

15 Likes
Summary

16 Likes

1There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.”
~~ Romans 8:1-4

11 . . . for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
~~ Philippians 4:11-13

" 1 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

14Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.17 Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. 18 Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me.”
~~ Philippians 2:1-11, 14-18

13 Likes

“I have not come into this world to make men better, but to make use of their weaknesses.” ~Adolf Hitler
" People ask about dictators, “Why?” But dictators themselves ask, “Why not?” ~ Garry Kasparov"
" We think that a powerful and vigorous movement is impossible without differences — “true conformity” is possible only in the cemetery ." ~Joseph Stalin
One cannot live in society and be free from society. ~Vladimir Lenin

8 Likes

Do or do not. There is no try. ~ Yoda

Writers write. Dreamers talk about it. ~ Jerry. B Jenkins

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ~ Bilbo Baggins
Have fun figuring that one out!:arrow_up:

14 Likes

A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but the size of his heart. ~ Hercules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 Likes

@DOCTOR_ROBOTO quote

Yes’m @Skunindoo

7 Likes

:left_speech_bubble: Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. — Carl Jung

8 Likes

You can do that but please do not spam DOCTOR_ROBOTO in here because we can pick his quotes
@Crouton

7 Likes

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

Theodore Roosevelt

That’s all I have.

12 Likes

When we in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
When we in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
-Michael Card

All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
-J.R.R.Tolkien

If I leave my grin behind, remind me that we’re all mad here and it’s okay.
-S.J. Tucker

Tender is the heart you never see.
-S.J. Tucker

There’s no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going.
-Roald Dahl

Ideas have consequences.
-My history teacher

Science is just magic without the lies.
-Anonymous

11 Likes

“Trust in God and keep your powder dry.” -Oliver Cromwell

13 Likes

On that same note,
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!- Navy Chaplain Lt. Commander Howell Maurice

15 Likes

“Experience is the worst teacher.” – my history teacher

“Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other.” – Benjamin Franklin

“Work smarter, not harder.” – Allen F. Morgenstern

Cynicism is the intellectual cripple’s substitute for intelligence." – J. Russell Lynes

“A taste for irony has kept more hearts from breaking than a sense of humor— for it takes irony to appreciate the joke which is on oneself.” – Jessamyn West

“Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” – Will Rogers

“A fool that knows he is a fool, is one that knows he don’t know all about anything. But the fool that don’t know he is a fool, is the one that thinks he knows all about anything.” – Will Rogers

“Why do they call it traffic? When it ceases to move it’s not traffic.” – Will Rogers

“My ancestors didn’t come over on the Mayflower— they met the boat.” – Will Rogers

“Lead your life so you wouldn’t be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.” – Will Rogers

14 Likes

I got one for ya.

“God’s still writing your story, quit tryin’ to steal the pen.” - Toby Mac

18 Likes

“If you play with temptation do not expect God will deliver you.” -Mary Slessor

“Let us not glide through this world and then slip quietly into heaven, without having blown the trumpet loud and long for our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a thanksgiving service in hell, when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle.” -C. T. Studd

“Many of us are missing something in life because we are after the second best, I put before you what I have found to be the best - one who is worthy of all our devotion - Jesus Christ. He is the Saviour for the young and the old. Lord, here I am.” -Eric Liddell

10 Likes

I love it! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

“Never let anyone treat you like regular glue. You’re glitter glue.” ~ Unknown

“I’m not angry. -clenches teeth- This is how I look.” ~ Leon from Violet Evergarden

“Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.” ~ C. S. Lewis

“The brave men did not kill dragons. The brave men rode them.” ~ Unknown

"How did this person get their art skills and where can I kidnap them?’’ ~Anonymous

“I’m a mess, this place is a mess, upstairs is a mess, so yeah. . . welcome to the mess.” ~Coders from Rogue 7.8 (my WIP)

12 Likes