Short Story Compendium

Calling all writers!

Love to write but don’t have the time or energy to keep up a role-play? In this topic you can write and showcase one-post short stories! As long as they comply with the forum rules and guidelines, of course. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t write short stories but I know some of you guys do. So have fun and happy writing! :grinning:

One more thing, do you think this topic should consist of ONLY short stories and I make a separate discussion topic for comments etc., or do you think comments are okay in this topic?

• Make a separate discussion topic.
  • Comments on this topic are fine.

0 voters

9 Likes

Today I have for you a short story challenge drawn from different pieces of writing inspiration!

There will be three inspiration topics: Prompts, worlds, and characters. Depending on whatever inspires you, draw something from one of those topics and write a piece from it. Each piece will be numbered, so say something like, “I choose number five from prompts.”

If someone took the inspiration piece you were going to use first, please do write something from it anyway. It’ll be interesting to see how the stories differ. :smile:

Inspiration topics:

Prompts

Here’s a Bonus one:

I didn’t list it since it isn’t your typical writing prompt, but I’m curious to see who else finds this inspiring.

Characters

Worlds

Even if no one else participates, I’ll try to give it some time, as well as challenge my sisters:

@ScienceSiren @LilaKitty

6 Likes

-Caaaaaasually saves a few images to OC boards-

Okay so I may participate.

4 Likes

Is it possible to combine prompts? Like ‘‘I’ll take character 7 and use prompt 4 in my short story’’?

3 Likes

For five dollars a sentence you may. :smirk:

If you have something to cook up, trust me we want to read it. Please do!

Absolutely! Go ahead :grin:

3 Likes

I bet you five bucks if you can guess which character image I drew inspo from.

3 Likes

I guess 3, 7, or you’re pulling a fast one and it’s none of them yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It was only one?

Fine then. Here’s my first guess:

Summary

I thought you had taken three images, though one of them might have been yours to begin with. If it wasn’t, than you took this one:

Summary

3 Likes

Ding ding ding!! The answer was 7.

That was actually impressive.

4 Likes

Three is one of my favorites :laughing:

Huh, I was pretty certain that had shown up in my feed from your board, but I guess not.

So which piece(s) do you choose for the challenge?

4 Likes

I choose… 8. In worlds… And probably 7. In characters only because i already have one that it fits… It is subject to change however.

3 Likes

That will be quite the story! Can’t wait to read it. :grin:

3 Likes

May I download some of those pictures… O.O PLEASE???

4 Likes

Character 1, prompt 9, world 5.

@LadyGrey, K wanted you to know that she does not own those images and you may download them if you wish.

4 Likes

For my story I choose characters four and seven. :book:

3 Likes

After spinning a story based in World War 2 and discovering it was faaaar to long to be called a short story, I’m going to try something else.

New short story to be written soon. However, those characters will be featured in London’s Call.

5 Likes

I need help. I want want to do a Short film but I need a script and I am an awful writer. So if anyone would like to help me please please private message me please!

I don’t know if this is the right topic for this @Moderators. :grin:

4 Likes

You have a pretty good writer living under the same roof with you. Why don’t you ask her? @TheMidget

5 Likes

Well I just got off the phone with her and she said that she would write me one, but I want one in a Comedy genre and she doesn’t do comedy that well. So she’s going to do a dramatic one for me and if anyone on here can do a comedic one that’s what I would want.
If that makes sense.

6 Likes

Why not ask Draven? If he can’t do it, no one can.

2 Likes