The Book Dragon's Castle

Normally readers are called book worms, but I thought book dragon sounded better so looks like we’re sticking with that. :laughing: Anyway, let’s talk about books! Say you have just walked into a castle and gasp find your ideal reading place! Along with a bookshelf nearby!! On the shelf you realize are all the books you’re familiar with or ever heard of, and many, many more. :books: :dragon_face: :european_castle:

Which would you pick to read?

Note: This is not a role-play

8 Likes

I’m reading The Wingfeather Saga. Finally!

Little One, Maid of Isreal.

Dragon Quest.

Left Behind: Book 17.

And something else…IDK…

3 Likes

I like books! I wouldn’t call myself a book dragon per se. . . More like a book. . . cat. I have a passive love for books. Right now I’m reading The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne for school and trying to reread The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare. Both are really good.

My favorite books are The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson, Night by Elie Wiesel and Princess Academy by Shannon Hale.

I’m considering rereading my favorite actor’s autobiography, but I’m not sure yet.

7 Likes

Hmm, so many choices!

I’d probably read:
The Long Patrol
All the HTTYD books
Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit

1 Like

I absolutely agree. o . o

Liiiiike, I like books. They’re cool. I love reading 'em. But as a writer, I actually read books more from the writer’s perspective than a reader’s perspective, which oftentimes leads me to correct grammar, spelling, continuity and other things like that. Soooo, usually it’s not 100% entertainment for me. :joy:

Some of my favorites that I’m currently reading are Echoes of Titanic (that’s the one with your Aetherlight name, @WildBlueshine!) by Mindy Starns Clark, The Visitation and The Oath both by Frank Peretti, The Maze Runner and Eye of Minds by James Dashner (again, lookin’ at you, Gloria! :wink:), The 49th Mystic by Ted Dekker, Divergent by Veronica Roth, and, as of today… My own book. :flushed: :joy:

The ones that I LOVE that I have finished are Illusion by Frank Peretti (AAAAAHHH EPICCCCCC), The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.

OH OH OH! I loooooooove The Circle series by Ted Dekker. I’ve only read Black, Red, and White - I think I’m still reading Green. :grin:

4 Likes

Haha! Yeah, Maze Runner is definitely a fav of mine! Haven’t read Eye of Minds, maybe I should check it out!

I’m reading that series right now, actually! :smiley:

YEEES ANOTHER FAVORITE
I’ve also heard of The Circle series, but I’ve never tried it!

:wolf: :gem:

Oo, that’s another good one!

Great choices! :smile: :+1:

Good for you, DragonWhisper! (You’re gonna love 'em! :wink: )

As for myself, I’d pick The Maze Runner, Rangers Apprentice, The Chronicles of Narnia, Redwall, Wingfeather Saga, The Lunar Chronicles, Fairest, The Story Thieves, The Leviathan Trilogy, Confessions of April Grace, Wind In The Willows– -is buried in books- I can never really pick one favorite. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, what I’m reading right now is The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison, The Mysterious Benedict Society and The Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead.

5 Likes

Stay in The Castle is an excellent book about waiting on God’s choice for your marriage. An excellent short read. There is even a skit associated with it that is powerful!

The Teenage Years of Jesus Christ sheds excellent light on how teens should pattern their lives. Excellent warnings, admonitions, and overall encouragement for teens!

6 Likes

AAAHHHHHHH I LOVE THAT TRILOGY!!! :star_struck: I should check out Airborn. . .

3 Likes

If I found myself another book castle, I’d read:

The True Confessions Of Charlotte Doyle
All the Princess Academy books
Explorer Academy: The Nebula Secret
Explorer Academy: The Falcon’s Feather (Even though it hasn’t come out yet!)

5 Likes

How many books are there? I know of two.

4 Likes

There is:
Princess Academy
Palace of Stone
The Forgotten Sisters
I think there was one more, but I’m not sure…

4 Likes

O.O

I have been in the dark. . . Thank you. That was very informative.

4 Likes

You are welcome!

2 Likes

I’m finally getting around to reading Percy Jackson: Heroes of Olympus. It seems interesting enough, and the first one should be a fairly quick read. Have you guys read those books? If so, who’s your favorite?

Sorry for any misspellings, some of the keys on my keyboard don’t work right now.

4 Likes

I’ve read just The Lightning Thief so far, and was surprised by how much I liked it! Aren’t a lot of characters to choose from at the moment so I’d say Percy’s my favorite. :grin:

4 Likes

I haven’t read the books, but I have watched both of the movies. Although I’ve heard they don’t stay true to/aren’t as good as the books, I’d say the movies are really good! :grinning: I like them a lot. That being said, I haven’t read any of the original Percy Jackson novels, soooo that’s that. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Haha! This was in Store Thiefs!

6 Likes

OOOOOH I want to read those sooo bad!!! I’m going to look them up after I finish the other series I’m reading.

5 Likes

I’m so excited, Chris Colfer is one of my favorite authors!

7 Likes

Sorry to take this off on a tangent, but have you read Mistmantle too?! I knew I’d heard that quote before!

5 Likes