The Inferior : Discussion

WORLD:
Early 2000s.
The 911 attack was the first sign.
A certain alien race invaded—no—entered our world.
Some of them came in peace. The others declared war.
After some struggle between the three factions—the Superiors, the Inferiors, and us—the Superiors defeated the extremists and peace prevailed.
Earth comes under the Superior’s juridisction. Medical knowledge soars, death rates plummet, and a Quiet that has never been know before has come over the planet. They are in control.
But no matter how much they preach peace.
Equality.
They are the Superior. Humans are no longer the dominant race; they are. A certain sense of entitlement and racial tension prevails. Some of us enjoy the newfound “perfect” society that the Superiors have brought. Others want things to return to the way they were.

What do you want?

CHARACTERS:
You are a human living in a world no longer under human control.

SETTING:
2000s.
No fantastical elements.
Some technological advancement. Nothing drastic.
No elements of steampunk or fantasy.
Aliens appear very close to human; however, they reach above heights of 6ft. and all have white irises.

QUESTIONS:
(feel free to inquire)

DISCUSSION:

10 Likes

Um… so what do we do in this role play?

5 Likes

The question that prevails is
“How would you live your life in a world populated by not just humans, but aliens?”

They look like you.
They sound like you.
Some of them work in the same jobs as you do.
But you know you’re not one of them.
And for them, you are simply an inferior race. You feel inferior.

But realistically, you’re just a guy trying to live in a world you thought you knew.
Who knows? Some people might try to recruit you into some sort of underground resistance . . .
Some might attempt to draft you into a Task Force for the Superiors for an unknown reason . . .
Normal life isn’t so normal anymore.

7 Likes

So there are different aliens that have invaded/arrived, but not all of them are necessarily evil, right?

Who/what consists of the Inferiors? Are those aliens too?

Can there also be aliens who think the opposite of this and who may actually be allies to the humans?

3 Likes

It was one race. Some were hostile, some seemingly weren’t.

Simply the more aggressive faction of the (same) alien race that were eventually defeated.

Possibly.

6 Likes

This sounds pretty epic, haha, but I am in too many role plays at this point. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

With all due respect, @Xonos_Darkgrate, I have the same question. Where would I start with an in-character post? Having Samantha drive to work and getting weirded out by the options on the menu for drive-thru? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

That’s alright haha.
I think the best way to start at this point would be to do a somewhat “normal” portrayal of your character’s everyday life? Individually, I think everyone may see the alien occupation in a different light, so that’s the effect I was going for.

7 Likes

:smirk: This sounds interesting, I’ll join soon if it’s all well with you.

7 Likes

Ooh. . . Interesting concept! Very creative.

I’d consider joining if I didn’t have so much on my plate. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This = MY FLIPPING AETHERLIGHT LIFE.

7 Likes

Why was @Xonos_Darkgrate’s post on his “Inferior” roleplay flagged? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

headscratch I have no idea. It seems to be okay to me. Not sure why a depressed insurance salesman brooding in his broken-down car and that has plans to buy paint merits a flag.

9 Likes

There was a content issue. I simply asked him to revise it a little.

6 Likes

Probably the beginning of the post, haha… :no_smoking:

9 Likes

Oh, ha. Guess we can’t promote smoking, eh…

7 Likes

I assumed that was the case, but the main thing in my mind is that I wasn’t trying to use it as a way to promote cigarrette-use haha. I mean, I totally understand the reasoning behind it, but if that’s the reason, then I don’t think it’s against the guidelines at all.

5 Likes

Can I join this RP, @Xonos_Darkgrate?

3 Likes

Of course you can, @MulanLightFury haha.
If you’ve already read over what’s been done, and you think you’ve gotten the general idea/theme—feel free to drop your profile in the Inferior : Human Registry.

Can’t wait to see what you’ll add haha!!

3 Likes

Ok! Thanks!

2 Likes