Page for
Discussion

(role-play in progress. please wait
we thank you)

10 Likes

“It’s okay, Elise. Daddy’s just away on a long trip.”

“When will he be home, Mommy?”

“Any day, sweetie. Soon.”

Samantha stroked her daughter’s back. Ever since the Superior invaded, mornings had been just awful. She missed looking at her husbands’ eyes, and Elise’s crying spells had been hard to handle. One time one of the Superiors had passed them in the supermarket, and Elise asked one of them where her daddy was. All she got in response was a blank stare.

“Sweetie, let’s go get a cheeseburger,” Samantha said. “You like those.” She guided the 11-year-old into the passenger side of her car and handed Elise her school pack. They had made sure that she had everything from the night before.

“Okay, mommy. Do you think we will see Daddy on the way there?”

“Maybe.” Samantha said. In truth, she wished that would happen too. But: unlikely.

Oddly enough for the morning, the drive-thru for the local fast-food place was deserted. This didn’t make any sense until she looked at the menu. Czeaba fuzlapuse? Delt fugalene?

“I’d like to order a cheeseburger for my daughter, please,” Samantha said to the drive-thru attendant, hoping that he would understand what she meant. “And…” She looked to see white irises looking back at her and screamed.

“Inferior,” it said, looking amused at her reaction. “Cheeseburgers are…inferior…compared to our cuisine.”

“I don’t care,” Samantha informed the alien. “Can you call one of your…inferior…people over? I really want a cheeseburger.”

Fortunately, the alien wasn’t inclined to argue. It (for that was what Samantha thought of them as) called over the former store manager.

“I want a chocolate shake, Mommy.”

“It’s okay Elise. We’d like to order a cheeseburger and a chocolate shake.”

“And for you, ma’m.”

“I’ll take a coffee, black, and some hot oatmeal, thanks.”

A few minutes later, Elise and Samantha were eating breakfast in the school parking lot. “Are you okay, Mommy?” Elise asked, looking at her mom’s worried face.

“Yes, Elise.” Samantha did not feel okay. Every time she saw one of those…things, it made her massively uncomfortable. “You don’t worry about me, and you do well at school, okay?”

“Yes mommy.”

“Bye sweetie.” Time to go to work. But before she turned the key to drive away from where she had dropped her daughter off, she put her forehead on the steering wheel and thought of a prayer: God, please help us.

11 Likes

I linger a little while on the platform in the teleportation station. Huge blue cylinders are connected to wires. Revolving doors open, people walk inside, program their coordinates, the door slides shut, and BOOM! The person is gone. I didn’t want to go back to the Orphanage. The aliens had taken over the place, and it was…let’s just say creepy. I was sick of those white-pupiled…THINGS patrolling the halls, the weird meals compressed in a single cube, not being able to hang out with my friend Emma Kate after school because of the no-visitors rule. I sighed and decided I’d just go back to the place. I stepped inside the cylindrical teleporter and typed my coordinates. Woosh.

It was always SO FUN to ride the teleporters. That was the one good thing those aliens had invented. I walked inside and went to my bed. They were simple holes cut in the wall with a door that closed you in at night. I climbed in to take a nap, but just then the roll-call bell rang. The orphans lined up. Two things walked down the line, checking the tags imbedded in our skin with the app on their computer. We were all cleared, given our dinner cube, and locked in our rooms. I decided to go to bed early and climbed into my bed.

11 Likes

“How was the flight?”

“Slower than I thought. The weather was particularly nasty. But it was nothing to worry about, really!”

“You touched down on time?”

“Fifteen minutes late, but still in one piece. Oh, Victor, don’t grunt at me like that, I’m not a child. I can take care of myself!”

“You’ve never been so far away from home before. . .”

“Seriously, Vic, relax. I’m your sister, not a kindergartener.”

“I’ll miss you.”

“You know I’ll miss you, too, bro. I’ll call you back tonight when I’m settled in my hotel, all right?”

“Okay. Please be safe, Joan.”

“Stop worrying for me, Vic! Talk to you soon.”

“. . .Bye.”

Victor snapped his flip-phone shut, leaned back in his chair and sighed. His sister was gone, hundreds of miles away, in a strange city, to pursue her career in acting with people she had never met in her life, and she was only twenty-three years old. Of course he should be worrying! Okay, maybe not this much, but things tend to happen to people like her.

He felt a ripple of guilt for not putting his faith in these “Superiors” that had happened upon the planet and made life a bit easier for people in many ways. Surely they would help her when she was in need, right?

Maybe. . .?

He didn’t know enough of the Superiors yet to know for sure. Ever since their “spectacular” arrival, he had been avoiding them as much as possible.

After banging out three more pages of paperwork, he got out of his chair, opened the door and left his office to check on the store, his numb mind still on Joan, and the possibility of her meeting the same fate as her parents or late fiancee, all three submerged, lifeless, under the ground somewhere. . .

8 Likes

My back pressed weakly into the back of my chair as my hand traveled down a sheet of paper. I was thinking about plot corrections. Did I want to fix my whole story just to add simple Aliens? Did I want to submit? No, I did not. I angrily crumpled the paper in my left hand and threw it in the trash. Sighing in frustration, I leaned against the back of my chair and smooth my hands through my messy hair.

My eyes narrowed as I stared at the picture of my siblings and I. We had just gotten back from a trip to Australia, and we were so happy to be back in America. That was one month before their deaths. I could feel tears swell up in my eyes; the sadness and the anger mixed and swelled up inside me. There was no way I would bow down to those things if they had killed my best friends, my siblings. From the corner of my eye I saw Tazzie wiggle towards me, knowing that my emotions were not positive.

My hand stuck out from my hunched position in my seat. My feet were tucked under my body while I leaned forward, my head pressed on the edge of my desk. I petted my dog and then sighed, I better get some fresh air rather than being tucked up inside my apartment all day. I stiffly waltzed to my bathroom and stared into the mirror, my eyes were bloodshot and tired, my hair was far from kept, and my bags were darker than ever before.

I rubbed my eyes once more and then shoved some clothes on my bed, I didn’t feel like thinking about what I was wearing. I quickly splashed my face with water, waking me up a little from my sleepy state. I wet my hair and put it in a simple ponytail. I slipped on my very large T-shirt and also my large shorts. I sat down and put on some rain boots. Tazzie nudged me as I slipped on my green raincoat. I pet her head and then turned to leave.

With my hands firmly stuffed into my raincoat’s pockets, I looked at the lights that filled the busy streets. My eyes wandered at the different characters walking down and up it. Some women held their children tightly while looking at Superiors, some gloomy characters walked in the shadows, and then there were just normal people, just doing what they do to scrape through life. I could feel their struggled but hated their jobs, submit and let the Superiors be with us. On our own earth. I quickly averted my gaze lower to try to calm down. No more. Stop. Anger won’t solve anything.

NOTE:
Nothing really happened in this but, just a little insight on how my character is inside, rather than how she shows herself to other people. No one really actually can figure out how she is, which makes her pretty sad. No one will ever really understand her.

@Perithebeast, @MulanLightFury, @Xonos_Darkgrate, @SierepicaFuzzywalker

8 Likes

Never call the craziest crazy, never label anyone insane; because in the end, you’re the one in the wrong. You’d think these “crazy people” would have the right to say, “I told you so.” . . Well they do, and I’d do anything to hear that from her now.

Everyone thought Kalista Northroad was crazy, her colleges did, her best friends did, even her sister did. Her twin sister, me.

She was right about the Superior; she was right about their coming; she was right about the towers; she was right about it all. She deserves to be able to laugh in my face, and say, “Kate, I was right all along, you better not doubt me again.”

I’d do anything to hear her say those words, to say anything to me. But she can’t . . . She’ll never tell me anything again.

Rain poured down from the sky on that cold January afternoon, every afternoon seemed this grey since the Superior came. Grey isn’t the nicest color, but it’s the Superior’s favorite, which is why I brought my trusty red spray paint to brighten things up.

Call me immature, call my efforts pointless, but so long as I have breath in my body, I’ll fight the Superior; I’ll fight for Kalista.

I shook up my bottle of red paint and eyed the Superior’s newest structure, this wasn’t going to be an easy job. However, life wasn’t easy any more.

It would be nice to have some help though . . .

I whipped my head around and spotted a fuzzy-headed, freckle-faced girl around my age. I noted each Superior in the crowd and shoved the girl hard, knocking her to the ground.

The Superior never payed attention when we Inferior bullied each other, which is exactly what I needed.

“Hey!” she shouted, some bottled up anger leaking out in her voice.

“Watch where you’re going!” I yelled, loud enough for any passing Superior to hear.

“But you-” she began.

“I need you’re help,” I whispered quickly, showing her my spray paint, “This color is going all over their new building this afternoon, the inside, but to do it, I need your help.”

I crossed my arms, hiding the spray paint once again, “You interested?” I hissed.

@AlienPotato

7 Likes

The next day, I walked to school instead of taking a transporter. There was a girl at the newest structure, a tall statue designed to show how WONDERFUL and ARTISTIC the Superiors were. She had a can of red spray paint. Wha? I thought. I saw her push a girl, then whisper to her. I walked over. “Hey!” I said. “What are you doing?”

6 Likes

I was simply walking around the streets when someone shoved me onto the ground. “Hey!” I shouted, accidentally sounded a bit meaner than I had wanted.
“Watch where you’re going!” the person yelled.
“But you-” I was about to burst out all my anger on this girl did she not interrupt me.
“I need your help,” she whispered quickly, showing a can on spray paint, "This color is going all over their new building this afternoon, the inside, but to do it, I need your help, " she crossed her arms. “You interested?”

My brain immediately said ‘No listen to the laws, your training! You know that this is illegal! You know that this is against the Superiors!’ Against the Superiors. I liked the sound of that. My brain and my heart fought, my brain said to do what you know is not against the law, my heart said to just go and ruin the Superior’s work. My logic kicked in while my brain and heart had a fist fight. “So what is this?” I asked quietly yet firmly, “Now what significance would this make? Just to spray paint the inside. A little bit of wreckage won’t be that big of a deal. What if we get caught? If you’re mad then do something worse to them.”

I was just suggesting to do something worse? What the nani! What’s wrong with you! Why in the world would you say that? I quickly glanced away, grimacing and sighing. I looked at a girl looking at us. I lifted my brows towards the girl with the spray paint so she would see. She nodded. “Don’t listen to what I said before,” then, I took a large breathe and looked at her, “I’m in.”

@MulanLightFury @Exploding_Kitten

6 Likes

I walk straight up to the girl who got pushed and tapped her on the shoulder. “Hi, what’s the dealio here?”

@Exploding_Kitten

5 Likes

My eyes grew wide as the girl had been watching tapped me on the shoulder. She walked directly to me and tapped me on the shoulder, “Hi, what’s the dealio here?” What was this kid doing? Getting in other people’s business.

“Oh,” I tried to say something, I was always a good lier but now I felt like I couldn’t get anything out. “It was just… Um… we were having a-- dispute!”

@MulanLightFury

6 Likes

“Dispute is right!” I shoved my partner to the ground again and grabbed her by the wrist, “I have some issues to deal with, personal issues.”

I hauled my new friend across the street and down an alley way, the Superior turned their noses up at the sight, probably thinking me a stupid, primitive creature.

Once out of sight, I pulled my partner back to her feet, “Sorry about the drag . . . and your pants.”

She growled and brushed herself off.

“You’re right, you know,” I told her, “This isn’t much, there’s not much we inferior can do. However, if I did anything bigger, the Superior would kill me for it.”

The girl continued to brush herself off, her eyes read irritation, anger . . . and grief.

“Here’s what you can do for me,” I told her, “March up to the Superior construction manager and sound this in his ear.” I tossed her an air horn, “Then run around sounding it in the ears of every worker their. Once everyone’s good an mad, run for your life.”

I considered my plan after I laid it out, “Or, you could be the one spraying the building, and I’ll do the air horn.”

6 Likes

She explained to me the directions, “Ok I want to do the air horn. It’s more dangerous and fun. But first I need a mask,” I paused and wrapped a handkerchief around the bottom of my face so only my eyes could be seen. “Then I need to zip my jacket,” I slowly zipper my long raincoat. “To bad these boots won’t help me in the running part.” I pointed at my boots. “But first before all this happens. Give me your name.”

@Exploding_Kitten

6 Likes

I raised an eyebrow, “To you, the name’s Kate Northroad. To the Superior, I’m the living twin of the crazy scientist who knew them.”

I shook up my bottle of spray paint, “Now what’s yours?”

6 Likes

She raised an eyebrow, “To you, the name’s Kate Northroad. To the Superior, I’m the living twin of the crazy scientist who knew them," then shook up my bottle of spray paint, “Now what’s yours?”
“Sirius, Sirius Morris,” I said quietly. “I’m not too different in Inferior’s eyes or Superior’s eyes.”

@Exploding_Kitten

6 Likes

“Good to meet you, Si,” I replied, extending a hand, “Are you ready?” I whispered.

8 Likes

My hand met hers as and shook it firmly, I looked out the corner of the alley. “Yup. Couldn’t be more ready.” I glanced at her and then I sprinted off, I couldn’t believe I was doing this. My brain wanted to stop, but my legs wanted to keep on going. So I took off towards the manager and sounded in his ear.

I sprinted off and started running towards all the workers, I was soooo glad I had the handkerchief over my face. Sliding around the corner I blew the horn in their ears. This was… actually, fun. The word sounded weird as I repeated it in my brain. fun. “FUN!” I shouted as I slid the corner and ran further. Now it was up to Kate.

@Exploding_Kitten

6 Likes

Sirius was doing a better job then I ever could’ve asked for. Honestly, she was the first Inferior who dared help me vandalize Superior property.

I crept passed the enraged Superior and ripped the cap off my spray paint. I shook it up one more time and sprayed Raging Red all over the brand new walls, half-finished tiles, and strange metal structures. Maybe the Superior called it art, who knows. Pity really, it was such an impressive building. I sprayed everything I could until the bottle began giving out nothing but pitiful squirts. That was my signal to leave.

I threw the metal bottle through the front window before racing out the back door. I ran and ran until I spotted Sirius, also running for her life.

“This way!” I shouted.

Trusting her to follow, I ran through the wet, slippery streets to the local laboratory. The Superior never went there, to them there was nothing to see, which was exactly what Kalista wanted.

All around us was strange technology, technology no one ever thought possible. No one, except my twin sister. I led Sirius to the back room, where I lived. All I had was a chair, a desk, the laboratory refrigerator, and my cot. I motioned to Sirius to take the desk chair while I sat on my cot.

“The Superior are out for your blood now,” I stated, “Which isn’t so bad once you get used to it.”

5 Likes

“The Superior are out for your blood now,” she stated, “Which isn’t so bad once you get used to it.”
“Well hopefully they aren’t, I might loose my job, although I did cover up myself so, it should be hard for them to recognize me. Anyways,” I paused, “At the last second I put on some goggles so they couldn’t identify me with my eyes.” I paused, I hadn’t realized I’d started thinking out loud. “If they are out for my blood, I’m not sure what I’d do. Lose my job, to do what? Rebel? But I’d lose my passion.”

6 Likes

I was done with school, and was working on my homework at the orphanage. A broadcast started up. These were programmed to go off every ten minutes and last for two minutes. “Ugh!” I complained. But something about it caught my eye. The Superior on the screen was talking about how the Twin Towers attack REALLY was a good thing. My hands balled into fists. “No, it wasn’t,” I hissed through gritted teeth. I remembered that day all too well…

“Tia Rosalita, when does Mama get out of work?” Young Soledad looked up at her aunt.

“Soon, mi corazon,” said her aunt. “How about we go get a burger and a chocolate shake for her?”

Si!” young Soledad cried. She changed out of her pajamas and she and her aunt, hand in hand, walked down the streets of Manhattan. They got a tube of Pringles to share and a burger and chocolate shake for Soledad’s mom, Isabel de Lugos.

“Look, tia! An airplane!” said Soledad. She pointed skywards.
Her aunt’s brow furrowed. “It’s flying rather low…” Her expression changed. “We have to get out of here, Soledad. Now!”
The woman grabbed the little girl just as there were a loud crash. An explosion sounded. Rosalita let out a shocked scream as the plane crashed into the Twin Towers, where Soledad’s mom worked.

The rest of it was a blur, her aunt crying, Soledad screaming her throat raw for Mami, listening to the last voicemail her father left before boarding one of the doomed planes. Then childcare workers took Soledad away from her beloved tia to an orphanage…

I had no idea I had been crying. Tears stained my homework. A Superior walked past and stared at me.
“Tears are unnecessary. Why are you crying?” It asked.
Furious, anger exploded out of me. I threw her math book with all my might at the being. It hit its head, and the alien crumpled. Alarms sounded as crisply dressed Superiors ran towards me. The grabbed for me, but I wouldn’t let them touch me. Finally, one of the Superiors touched a button on their control tablet. An electric shock ran through my body. I screamed before I collapsed.

8 Likes

I sighed at Si’s problems. I admit, they were mine once, they were mine before the Superior murdered Kalista.

Instead of responding right away, I hopped up and opened the fridge, “Want something to drink?” I asked her, showing off my collection of stolen soda bottles.

The Superior believed their alien liquid was better then our soda fountain, therefore, they had the fountain replaced and all the pre-bottled ones thrown out in a large heap behind the Pharmacy. That just so happens to be my main scavenging ground. I collected all the unbroken bottles and brought them here.

Sirius chose a bottle of cheery soda and popped off the lid.

“You know, Si?” I began,

“Uh huh?” she asked, taking a break from her soda.

“I went through what you’re going through now when my twin was killed. No one ever thought I was much good for anything. Kalista, on the other hand, was two years ahead of her class. She shined brighter then me in every way. Without here, I wasn’t anybody. . .”

I sighed before continuing, “I had a job, yeah, with a string of passions to go with it. Now, though, I’m glad it’s in the dust.”

“Why so?” she asked hesitantly.

A smirk crossed my face as the passion burned within, “Because I can’t go about my life and pretend like things aren’t different now. I loved my job, really I did! But my passion couldn’t live two seconds under the Superior. That’s why I do this, Si, that’s why I’m such a city pest. Even if my efforts are pathetic, it proves something, Si. It proves to the Superior that we won’t just step back and let them rule over us! We’ve fought wars before in our past, we’ve been there done that already! So what if we’ve never fought the Superior? All we have to do is prove we have the spirit. Only . . .”

My gaze trailed to the floor, the smirk sliding off my face, “Only nobody does anymore, Si. It’s near impossible to find anyone strong enough to try it. They snap too easily under pressure, though believe me, there’s pressure to living this way.”

Sirius finished her soda and set the glass bottle down on the floor. She seemed lost in thought. That doesn’t surprise me, it’s a lot to think about. Then, I remembered someone.

“It’s not going to just be you and me, Si.” I told her, causing her to look up, “I have someone else in mind. I’ve stalked her for a while, and I think she might be willing.”

“Who is it?” asked Sirius.

“A lady named Samantha Jordan, Advertising Copywriter and military wife. Has a kid named Elise, nice girl, awful to see her grow up under the Superior’s clutch.”

“Why do you think she’d help us?” Sirius asked suspiciously.

"Cause wouldn’t you hate to watch your eleven-year-old learn the ways of Inferior slavery? Wouldn’t it just kill you to see her avert her eyes and shrink back every time one of those space invaders passed her on the sidewalk? Elise shouldn’t have to learn to bow to these freaks, and this movement could teach her.

“Also, I shadowed Samantha to that fast food joint and heard her tell a Sup she didn’t care how ‘inferior’ cheeseburgers are. I think she has the guts to resist them, for her daughter’s sake if not her own.”

“Ok, how are we going to ask her about it? Where does she live? When do we go?” asked Si, the questions spilling out one after another.

“We’ll watch her and wait for a good moment. She lives just a town away actually.” I smirked at the final answer, “We go right now!

@SierepicaFuzzywalker @AlienPotato

5 Likes