V.A.N.I.S.H. undercover: Discussion

This is the discussion topic for the agents of V.A.N.I.S.H. and G.O.N.E.

Here, we’ll discuss the story, so we don’t become confused by each other’s posts.

Also, you can decide where you fall in the story. Are you and agent of V.A.N.I.S.H., G.O.N.E., or someone looking in? Someone who isn’t in either, but discovers the truth.

You could also be one of the legendary fallen heroes of the world. Vote your choice here.

• Agent of V.A.N.I.S.H.
  • Agent of G.O.N.E.
  • Fallen hero
  • Outsider looking in

0 voters

Notice, this is a multiple choice poll. If your character, being an agent, is ever discovered. He or she will have to disappear again and assume a new identity.

This meaning, you could first write as an agent of V.A.N.I.S.H., and come back as an agent of G.O.N.E. Or, you could be a fallen hero who is also an agent. It’s all up to you. However, please post your Biography in the Bio topic. (Once it’s created)

3 Likes

One more thing to note, the agents of V.A.N.I.S.H. aren’t associated with each other. They can’t communicate with one another or work together. However, they don’t need to disappear if they discover one another.

The agents of G.O.N.E. do communicate, and often work in groups.

6 Likes

Can I join this RP? Sounds pretty cool!

5 Likes

This seems soooo cool! I’ll try to do this when I can fit it in. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, you can. I’ll be writing later :grin: I can’t wait for your posts!

5 Likes

Can you tell me a little more about the fallen heroes?

5 Likes

Fallen heroes are the super heroes that used to protect the world from evil. However, ever since The Great Downfall, all the heroes have been silent.

Fallen heroes have abilities (flying, superhearing, invisibility) that they gained in one way or another.
(Like radioactivity)

The Fallen Heroes are trying to make a come back, but it’s harder, because the Great Downfall made them all forget who they used to be.

Agents of G.O.N.E. are trying to destroy the Fallen Heroes, and the agents of V.A.N.I.S.H. are trying to locate Fallen Heroes.

(Tell me if you need more information)

5 Likes

I’m going to join hahaha, but I have a quick question if that’s alright.
For thematic purposes, is it fine if my particular allegiance is unknown? I don’t mean that in a fun, hee-hee-who-am-I sort of way, because it’ll definitely become obvious through the course of the story. I just wanted to make it a twist. :wink:

However, if that’s unecessary, I’ll just pick a more general option. Wanted to OK it with you first, @Exploding_Kitten.

5 Likes

I think your twist would work out.

It would be obvious if you were in G.O.N.E. if you ever contacted any other agents. (unless you’re a solo agent of course)

5 Likes

So, we’re in need of some wordbuilding. At first, I thought it was something of a realistic setting in our world, but now I’m getting a more “fantastical vibe”. Could we have some clarification on this?

I don’t want to be describing a cold 80s-era USA if we’re in a Aetherlight-like fantasy land. As much info as possible on the world and its works would be appreciated.

6 Likes

Agreed - I was going to ask @Exploding_Kitten that, but then forgot. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

We’re in a modern world, yes. Nothing fantastical. We exist in a hero-less comic book world in a way.

Feel free to describe that, it would work out perfectly actually! Since this is taking place after the heroes’ Great Downfall.

5 Likes

That sounds great.
I’m just slightly wary of it, because if we’re doing an almost Cold War post-superhero time setting—then I’ll be going all in. Are you sure that’s the tone you want us to go after?

Just saying, goggles and hyper-intelligent scientists don’t exactly fit in with either. I’m simply pointing out that because we’re splitting in a few . . interesting directions.

4 Likes

It all breaks down to the agencies. A secret battle is going on that both sides are trying to keep the world from finding out about.

V.A.N.I.S.H. is trying to take down G.O.N.E., and vise versa.

How the world is staged and what should/shouldn’t be in it is up to us. Personally, I see nothing wrong with scientists. I wouldn’t say Zarina is a “hyper intelligent” scientist here (unless you want to be, @Bellflowerp) However, we’ll tie everything together.

Honest to goodness, I hadn’t really imagined up a world before I created this role play, I just imagined it in the modern world I suppose. Your idea sounds like a good one, however, if new characters yank the world around, I’ll handle it.

5 Likes

Alright, makes sense.

I understand this. But it’s because of this that we kind of need that definitive word, otherwise we may all be doing something different and someone will end up losing part of what they wrote.

So is that a go-ahead? Because the two would entitle slightly different perspectives . .

4 Likes

Would this RP, by any chance, be inspired by Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

This role play is great! I’m going to hold off on the Fallen Hero character for a bit because everyone else only has one character and I don’t want to hog all of the action. :stuck_out_tongue:

(I do want to play her eventually though.)

6 Likes

I caught that Daisy Ridley play on words… :smirk: Very clever. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yeah…:laughing:…I was wondering if anyone would notice!

4 Likes

Also, @Exploding_Kitten - thanks for the spring! :grinning: I’ll try to respond as soon as I can. :slight_smile:

4 Likes