Your Favorite Christain Martyr!

This is a topic about your favorite Christain martyr!

5 Likes

What/who is that?

4 Likes

A martyr is someone who has died for a cause.
My favorite martyr is Stephen.

5 Likes

oops, I just didn’t know who it was spelled… Thanks!

5 Likes

Mine is William Tyndale. He was burned at the stake on October 6, 1536 for the “crime” of translating parts of the Word of God into English.

8 Likes

Saaaame I was just gonna say that! My seconds is probably Betsy ten boom or there’s anothe but I can’t remember his name at the moment. I also admire Richard Wurmbrand.

@PlͥⱥgͣuͫeDoctor Tyndale was also very admirable!

6 Likes

I am sorry for posting links

4 Likes

I removed the post because of some graphic images that may not be appropriate for younger audiences on the forum. :grimacing:

6 Likes

I am very sorry! The deaths are very horrible though, it makes want to cry. That is one big cup of suffering I may say! Thanks and sorry again!

4 Likes

Me too! Did you watch the movie and read the book Tortured for Christ!

5 Likes

I’ve read the book. At first I hated it but now I love it.

4 Likes

Yes, he was! I would have to say that Tyndale is one of my many heroes of the faith.

This is a bit off topic, but this does just say Christian martyrs. I also really like Nathan Hale. He was hung on September 22, 1776. His last words were, “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.”

Has anyone read Fox’s Book of Martyrs?

9 Likes

Yeah watch the movie, it is free on Amazon Prime! It gives a good, but horrible picture of what he was talking about. It doesn’t include all of what they have done to the people he knew, his family, and what they had done to him. I still need to finish the book!

4 Likes

Those are hard for me to read. To think that people were treated so badly. Grrrrrr. I usually have to take a break or I’ll get a headache from it. (I watched the shack and hard a terrible migraine afterward)

3 Likes

This is not off topic. Talk about any Christian martyr!

4 Likes

Not only people, but Christians! Nigeria is HORRIBLE too!

4 Likes

I have. It made me depressed.

5 Likes

Understandable.

5 Likes

looks up Fox’s Book of Martyrs

5 Likes

I read the death of Mark in the book, and I was tearing up! I am gonna ask my mom for the full version, I was reading from the Nook!

5 Likes